Time and time again, we're stuck wondering the same thing.
"Why am I here, what am I doing, and what do I want to be?"
I don't know who I want to be yet, but I'm getting there. God is my guide in all things. Last summer, I thought that the only way I'd be happy is if I set out to "find myself." All of this ended in failure. I thought I knew who I was before, but for some reason I'd come to the conclusion that I didn't know who I was yet. Now I've realized that the only security I have in knowing who I am is knowing the fact that I'll never know. Not if I keep on looking at my life that way, anyway. Once I started looking at things in a different lens, I realized that my true identity is in Christ. It's been hard for me to think about lately, but it's true.
"Know thyself." Yeah, right. I mean, knowing yourself is great. It's healthy to be independent and self-confident. It's not wrong to make decisions about what you think is right for your life. That's not something I'm arguing about. But, you can never really know yourself until you know God. And when you know God, he tells you who you are to him. Everybody else sees it through how you live your life. So why don't you?
A great friend of mine once said this (or something along these lines, I honestly can't remember, it was last summer):
"I don't like myself. I don't want to be me. I want to be like Jesus. The only thing that I can do in this life is try to be like Jesus."
Truly, the only thing that is certain in this life is that Christ is our light. He lights our path for us to see all things. Whatever we're supposed to see, God is revealing to us in little glimmers so that one day when we find ourselves in Heaven we'll be able to see the bigger picture.
Christ be my light. Christ, guide this blog. Whatever you want to do with it, do it.
Love,
Your Child.
Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.